GIRLHOMEABOUTFAQDIYOUTFITSCREATURESSHOP

Friday, December 17

A Little DIY

I have had so many holiday DIYs on the brain lately, but I really haven't had the extra time to execute and shoot them.  I did squeeze one in this weekend... sweet little hot air balloon ornaments.

Supplies:

newspaper
liquid starch
balloons
pretty trim, yarn, feathers, etc
hot glue gun

First, Hope and I just did traditional paper mache over small balloons (no photos b/c my hand were gooey).  I decided to paper mache pretty fabric over mine.

After they dry, pop the balloon and decorate!

We used all kinds of pretties: 

Hope chose to paint her balloon:

After we decorated the balls, we attached baskets to the bottom (I crafted one out of craft spoons, but anything baskety will work) and... VOILA!


They are on the larger side, so if you don't have a big tree to hang them from, they are also great around the house!  Enjoy!  xoxo Katie


23 comments:

  1. eeeep! katie this is soooo cute. making them! maybe tonight before my kiddos leave for florida in the morning.

    thanks!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable!!! Thanks for sharing this amazing, crafty creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. If I just had the time... :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is just cute! the pretty fabric is pretty indeed! I might try this later on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, turned out so cute! That is not surprising...coming from YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is so so cute! I think I'll make one for the top of my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooooo cute! Best DIY project I've seen for christmas yet. ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg love! and that yellow trim kills me. WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's gorgeous! Might have to make a couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh!!!!!! I just saw your blog name and the phrase "DIY" and couldn't click on the link fast enough. I was not let down...wahoo this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat way for Santa to deliver presents :) Great if the reindeer are on strike!

    Thanks for sharing this fab little diy - so very cute I want to make some too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love LOVE love this! I don't think I will have time to make one this year... but NEXT year for sure!! ADORABLE!!
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute DIY. i can't wait to try it! my little girl is going to love the ballons ^_^ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a fantastic idea! The kind of ornament you'll want to keep forever - or for when Hope's grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are probably the CUTEST DIY ornaments I have ever seen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is such an adorable idea!! That little santa looks like he was MADE for that hot air balloon =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that is such an adorable idea!! That little santa looks like he was MADE for that hot air balloon =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohmygosh this is such an adorable idea. i'll be posting about this on my blog (w/ credits and link.) thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello!!!
    I just recently heard about RV in Spf and have been following their blog and when I saw this awesome ornament that looked so FP I was like ohhh I gotta make me one of those;) It looks like something you would find in your Grandmothers stuff, the Santa just makes it;)
    Buuuutt the thing that really caught my eye was your name. And I was like oh she bought something from me on my Etsy;) That yellow see through slip.
    Anyway great site, great belly;) Congrats!! and have a Merry Christmas.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  20. DARLING! I can't get over how cute that is!

    ReplyDelete